Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Dove Chocolate Challenge Day # 63 "Share an embarrassing moment with a friend." PROMISES Messages

Hey guys!

 Today was kinda of mellow. But the day wrapped up pretty nicely. :)

After work, I drove to Barnes & Noble, read my homework, and was practically falling asleep (Barnes is the perfect place for a nap, it's so peaceful there!) and then...but wait, I forgot to mention that before Barnes I decided to take a slight detour, Barnes & Noble happens to be located right next to a Pets Mart. Yes. :)

I took the little yellow brick road to Pets Mart and had an absolute blast! I looked at all of the fishes (want to get some for Christmas), all of the hamsters, funny squirrley mice, and the mezmerizing parrots (which I bet were more mezmerized with me, or rather thinking, "who be dat?" But yes, every little animal brought a smile to my face and just brought a sense of home to me (I grew up with tons and tons of animals, so it's been weird for the last 5 years because I've lived in places that don't allow animals...sadness). So yeah, every little breathing ball of cuteness brought a tremendous smile to my face, and I was just filled with a heart warming feeling. And then I've decided that when Brian and I actually settle into our own home one day, that we will own lots of animals, hamsters, guinea pigs, parrots, parakeets, fresh water fish, salt water fish, puppies, kittens, you name it. :) Because that's the way I grew up, and I wouldn't have it any other way. Pets bring warmth and joy into families. And healing. Did you know that if you pet a cat or dog or play with your pet for 15 minutes a day, you improve your health? And if you're depressed, pets help alleviate depression! Cool stuff! Well, anyway. :)

So...Famous Footwear happens to be located next to Pets Mart...yes...I bet you can guess what happened next...yes, I bought 2 pairs of boots, conveniately on sale. (Cool bargains!). And then I realllly had to go to the bathroom, badly. So I asked Famous Footwear if they had a bathroom, and unfortunately, theirs is out of order, so the staff recommended that I go to the neighboring store, Old Navy, the Famous Footwear Staff always uses Old Navy's bathroom. And...so I did. AND, there were GREAT bargains there too! Actually, I saw a nice men's hoodie that was fairly cheap with fleece lining, and so I bought it for my husband. And I got a pair of fleece gloves. Score!

And as I was walking out of the store, which I had not planned to attend in the first place, the parking lot around me was pretty much empty. And I am very cautious when I walk outside by myself, partly because there are a lot of creeps out there, and because I am a girl. And I've had some wierd happenings lately (stalker experiences), but those are stories for another time. But as I walked out of Old Navy, I noticed that somebody was walking out behind me as well, but not only were they behind me, they were following me. I got very uncomfortable, and half way through, I turned around and gave a suprised gasp, and as I turned around, I freaked the older gentlemen behind me out, he stopped dead in his tracks and looked very scared and aloof! So I said sorry! I really didn't mean to freak him out. It was so awkward! He was a few feet behind me, and I stopped him in his tracks, turned out, the out of the few cars that were parked in the parking lot, his happened to be next to mine. LOL! Poor guy! You shoulda seen his expression! I really didn't mean to scare him like I did. I was the one being scared at first, but it turned out vice versa! And I was embarrassed. I really was.

Well, the quote of the day says to tell a friend of an embarrasing moment, and since my husband is my dearest friend, I shared it with him. :) He got a little laugh out of that. :)

And to end the night, I hung out a bit at Heather's studio, and then Mark and Heather came over house, and all four of us played a fun game of Skip Bo 'till 2 o'clock in the morning (and we drank some amazing tea). And I WON! Yeah! (I promise, I don't have a big ego, I just wrote that big for the purpose of writing it). ;)

Well ladies and jelly beans,

Off to Slumber Land I go.

G'night!

-Your Very Jelly (Jolly) Fellow Chocolatier :)

P.S., I thought I'd leave you guys with a funny little story or whatchamacallit. Oh, I just looked it up. Poem. :)

Ladies and Jelly Beans,

I come before you, to stand beside you,
to tell you a story I know nothing about.
Next Thursday, which is Good Friday,
there will be a women's meeting, held strictly for men.
Admission is free, so pay at the door,
and they'll be plenty of seats, so sit on the floor.
Now to get on with my story...

One bright day, in the middle of the night,
two dead boys got up to fight.
Back to back they faced each other,
took out their knives and shot each other.
The deaf policeman heard the noise,
and came to kill the two dead boys.
And if you don't believe my story is true,
just ask the blind man, he saw it too.



OH! AND ONE MORE!!! :D



Lewis Carroll

(from Through the Looking-Glass and What Alice Found There, 1872) `Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
  Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
All mimsy were the borogoves,
  And the mome raths outgrabe.



"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
  The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
  The frumious Bandersnatch!"

He took his vorpal sword in hand:
  Long time the manxome foe he sought --
So rested he by the Tumtum tree,
  And stood awhile in thought.

And, as in uffish thought he stood,
  The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame,
Came whiffling through the tulgey wood,
  And burbled as it came!

One, two! One, two! And through and through
  The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
  He went galumphing back.

"And, has thou slain the Jabberwock?
  Come to my arms, my beamish boy!
O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
  He chortled in his joy.


`Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
  Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
  And the mome raths outgrabe.

No comments:

Post a Comment