Thursday, November 4, 2010

Dove Chocolate Challenge Day # 65 "There are 86,400 seconds in the day. Have you used one to say "thank you." PROMISES Messages

Hey guys and dolls,

 Today has been a crazy day. It's been an emotional day. I think yesterday's happenings finally caught up with me today, and today's happenings happened to collide with yesterday's, which created a big huge mess today.

Well, there was a lot of drama today. Far beyond the small stuff that everybody sees from the outside type of drama. A little piece of drama extended into a big one.

But all's to say is that there were certainly lessons learned.

I learned quite a bit anyway, I learned these following things today (or rather that they became more real to me today);

  • Take things lightheartedly, just cause a person says something that offends you, doesn't mean that they said it out of the intention to offend, you might have taken in the wrong way
  • Even is somebody is in the wrong and you are in the right, or vice versa, it's good to take a moment to reflect on what you have learned from the situation, and to become better for it.
  • You can't force anybody to ask for forgiveness or come to the term of asking for forgiveness, and you need to be able to forgive that person whether they come to the point of asking or not ever.
  • You can't bring other people into your problems and put unreasonable expectations on them. (Just don't pull other people in, it's your problem, not theirs).
  • Watch what you say, be careful of letting your tongue speak loosely, because your words may come back to bite you or haunt you.
  • Sometimes the people you love most and who are closest to you can hurt you the most.
  • People can be irrational when they are upset, hurt, or angry. Even though the truth may be blatant and it may be staring you in the face, your head may know it, but your heart will not agree with the truth because of your need to feel justified or because of stupid tangled emotions.
  • And last but not least...forgive, forgive, forgive.
  • Oh yeah, and love, love, love.
  • And then learn to let it go.
  • And yes, sadly but truly, the old adage goes without saying, "time heals all wounds." Time is truly miraculous.
Well,

So what I've got here is a video that I happen to like quite a lot; Please take a moment to watch it**




Anyway, I was so wrapped up in spilling out my day onto these white walls that I almost forgot to blog about today's quote, which happens to be kind of a slap in the face, and by that I mean that I'm pretty well sure that I went throughout my entire day without mentioning a single thank you to anyone. And you know what? That just makes me bummed. Because I know that there's a lot that I'm thankful for. I mean, come on, what's not to be thankful for? I am thoroughly upset/dissapointed with myself for letting my drama askew me so much that I wasn't even able to give a single thank you today, which I had the opportunity of doing so very many times today. I was so wrapped up in my selfish little world, that I forgot to be human.

Well guys, trust me, I'm not being hard on myself, I'm just being real with myself.

Anyway,

Tomorrow is a new day, with new opportunites to await, some joy, some sorrow, some mistakes, and some adventure.

I'm glad to have a new day awaiting me. Especially when my day gets soiled and blotted, I'm thankful for the opportunity of a new and clean day.

Well,

Twas a night ladies and jellybeans,

Now onward to my dreams I trollop. :)

-Your Very ( ___ insert word here, not sure what's the right description to fit my mood) Fellow Chocolatier

Adious Amigos!

P.S., I very well hope that you have a splendid and terrific day tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment