Friday, November 19, 2010

Dove Chocolate Challenge Day # 73 "Go out for adventure, go home for love." Ann / Pittsburgh, PA

Hey guys!

 I'm back!!! :) And now I finally have internet access again.Whoo! :)

Oh I had such a fantastic time!


I went to California for a casting call for the movie, "Picture Me Blue No More," and I visited my family, which I haven't seen in 3 years. The casting call went great, and visiting my family was just refreshing (the best, I haven't seen them in such a long time, and I've missed them so). It was awesome to just get a week off in the middle of my hectic schedule and spend time with my family (feel like I'm repeating myself over and over, lol), and it was just great to get a little vacation smack dab in the middle of everything. It was a God send, definitely.

I'm going to post what I did in bullet point

  •  $200 ticket there and back (score!)
  • Arrived in Cali, Sacramento (so warm!!!)
  • Dad met me at the airport big hug (love my daddy's hugs)
  • Hung out with mom and dad, watched a movie, saw my brother (big big hug)
  • Dad showed me off to all of his people at work (he's an auto mechanic) and I met his next door auto mechanic neighbor and apparently, he's known me since I was little, and he had a picture that I drew hanging up in his shop (I drew it when I was like 10),  I gave the pic to my dad, his neighbor saw it, and he made a copy of it and gave it to him (it was super cool to see!). I was definitely surprised.
  • Hung out with my sister's kids (loved every minute of it!) and spent the night. Gave my sis a big hug.
  • Hung out with my brother's kids (so fun) and loved every minute of it too. :)
  • Mom, Dad and I drove to Los Angeles for my audition. Loved the drive. Wouldn't trade that time I spent with them for anything. :)
  • Stayed at a super duper expensive hotel (for a cheap deal) ...$400 a night, we got it for $50 (I've gots connections).  :) 
  • Ate an apple fritter and o.j. at a donut shop with my ma and pa :)
  • Casting call went really well.
  • Before audition, rode in the elevator with author, pretty cool.
  • Soaked up the California sun in 80* weather on the beach next to the Santa Monica Pier
  • Got a tan! (Score!)  :) A tiny one though. But still! Victory! Hahaha ;)
  • Drove back to Sacramento with mom and dad, love the city, love the country side (California has a lot of country side).
  • Loved the warm dark nights (in Alaska, dark means cold, cause dark skies only happen in the winter, and in the summer, we have 24/7 daylight).
  • Spent more time with my family
  • Saw my best friend and her new little baby. :)
  • Ate awesome chinese food with her on top of a skyscraper.
  • Finished my time in California, said our goodbyes for now. Teared up. Hugged. (I miss them so).
  • Had a great flight back, smooth flight, smooth lay over, met people I knew, chatted it up.
  • Ate ice cream. Yum.
  • Watched Ramona and Beezus on the Digitel (very cute movie) and on the way to Cali I watched Despicable Me (which was hi-larious!!!!)
  • Came home, husband picked me up. BIG HUG! (I've actually missed the guy!) Whaddya know! ;)  He's gonna read this thus the hint of sarcasm. ;) I love him.
  • Came home to roses and sparkling cider awaiting me on the table (made me smile). 10,000 brownie points right there. :)
  • Came home to love. 
  • Had the time of my life, and the best of both worlds.
Well guys,

I basically told you what happened in very short terms. :) But now it's time for me to go to bed. I went out for adventure and came home for love (although both places are home, I consider so anyway). :) Home is where the heart is. And my heart is torn between Cali and Alaska. Family is where the home is, for me. :)

Goodnight friend,

Love Your Fellow Chocolatier

No comments:

Post a Comment