Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Dove Chocolate Challenge Day # 81 " Dream in real time." Lisa / Atlanta, GA

Hey ya'll! :)

Today has been a pretty good day! A productive day. Well, I mean, I didn't do too much or get that much accomplished, but I was certainly on my way! The house is cleaner, I sent in another application to a casting call, took a nap, watched a little bit of t.v., but mostly took a nap, and it's been a calm day. Albeit the blown tire, although I wasn't in the car when this happened because Brian was driving, but this little piece of news still tried to put a damper in my day, but it didn't succeed! :) I'm glad that Brian is okay. Nothing major. Praise God.

Well, I guess lately, my own prayer for myself is that I become more practical, more grounded, stable, rational, whatever you wanna call it. Since working the front desk at Joel's Place, I've had many kids come up to me and just download their life on me, they tell me things, worries, fears, hurts, and things such as that. And I've noticed that lots of times their fears and worries or rationalities really are just that, irrational and not true! It's a mental state of being, and it's a harmful state of being to be living in when you cannot connect poing A to point B when your destination is point Z. It's a hard knock life. Or does it have to be? I mean, sure, yes, there are things that happen that are out of our control,  and there's nothing we can do about it, but what we do have control over is our thought process. We have the amazing ability to sort through truths and lies, darkness from light, black from white, concrete from abstract, and stable ground from shaky ground. But the thing is that we actually have to take the time* (notice, I said time* which = effort), to actually sort through our thoughts, to separate the laundry in our head into the right colors that way when we throw it in, we don't accidentally throw in a pink thought into the laundry and have all of our sorted white thoughts result in ultra uber pink instead. Confusion, is the main cause of fears and worries, or the beginnings of them. Irrational thoughts lead to irrational fears, which intern lead to unrealistic expectations, maybe even no expectations, and ultimately to an irrational and irresponsible life. And usually when this happens, people are the victims of their own thoughts, their irrational, unhealthy thoughts. That's why I strongly believe that everybody has a voice, and everyone's voice must be heard by others. It's so important to have accountability, I cannot stress that enough, or just simply a listening ear, but if you seclude yourself, then your in for a whole lotta doo-dah. But anyway...I think it's important for kids to be heard, infact, for everybody to be heard, because sometimes, our thoughts can get the best of us (where do you suppose anxiety comes from? From the compiling fears through the thoughts that we bring on ourselves. Yes. Anxiety is self-made, which is sad to say. And yes, I've struggled with it. Not fun). But anyway...back to the point, everybody needs to be heard, whether that is by blog, by friends, by family, by counseling, by therapy, or by whatever healthy means. It's important for human beings to bounce ideas and thoughts off of each other, and that's where accountability comes in, if someone hears you say something wacky, they can let you know and they can subtly point out where you're wrong, or  thinking unclear, or irrationally. It's important, because fears start with irrationalities, those stupid irrational thoughts. That's how people can go off-the-wall, simply bonkers, crazy, is when their irrational thoughts and dreams take over and become their self-made reality. And that, ladies and gents, is a scary place to live out of. It really is. But anyway...that is my dream, and my prayer for myself, is that my thoughts be clear, rational, black and white, and that I may have the discernment to know the difference between truth and lies, traps and freedom, darkness and light, and genuine things such as that. I guess wisdom would be the alternate word for all of this, to acquire common sense and wisdom. Have you ever heard of the quote that common sense ain't so common? Well, it's true, and I guess that one day I want others to say of me, "there goes a girl with some common sense in her." That's what I want to be said of me. And when I'm working at such a place such as Joel's Place, I want to be able to be that solid rock that the kids can rely on when they bring their irrational thoughts up to me, I want to be that person that can organize rational thoughts vs. irrational thoughts and be able to distil and ease others' fears. I want to be that rock solid foundation that they can lean on, humanly speaking to the best of my abilites. But ultimately, I have a solid rock, and he ain't human. (I bet that will make some of you wonder what the heck I'm talking about, but some of you will definitely know what I mean). ;)

Well guys,

I better get a goin'

It's late.

Love Your Fellow Chocolatier,


P.S., Can I say a little prayer for you (myself included)? I hope that your irrational thoughts and fears will be washed away, and that you will be able to begin this day or the next with a clean slate on your mind, one with the true reality, apart from your irrational reality. I pray that you recieve clarity of mind, clarity of thought, and that you have a great day ahead of you! That your thoughts will be able to connect from point A to point B, and ultimately along the way to point Z.

Goodnight childrens or good morning depending on where you are! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment