Saturday, November 27, 2010

Dove Chocolate Challenge Day # 79 "Remember, mistakes make life interesting." Nancy / Burgoon, OH

Hey ya'll!!! :)

 Happy Thanksgiving once again!

I'm not sure if I'm repeating a quote today because it sounds familiar, but I'm not so sure if I've used it before. Eh, it's getting to that stage where I can repeat quotes once again after 78 blog enterees. :) But let's hope I don't have to repeat too much. :)

Well! I had a great Thanksgiving! I spent it with my family and it was just amazing. We had a really chill time, just hung out with each other, ate, and simply enjoyed each other's presence. It was a very much enjoyed holiday and I have lots to be thankful for.

Oh, I know I didn't blog last night, I mean, c'mon guys! It was Thanksgiving! :) I figured that I lived far away from my family and that I don't get to see them much often, so the blog could wait until the next day. I just wanted to spend every moment I could get with my loved ones. I don't wanna miss a thing. Actually, I think that's a good rule of thumb, to have no blog days be okay on national holidays and family trips where there is no internet or time to blog. Other than that, I am tied, and I have-ta blog every single day. :)

But yes, I had a wonderful Thanksgiving day, and I just miss my family more and more now. I am so thankful for them. Each and every one of them.

Well, during Thanksgiving, I made a couple of mistakes, I showed up right before serving time and started making my famouse "Tzaziki" cucumber dipping sauce, and I basically worked on that thing half an hour into family meal time, everybody kept telling me to drop it and just come and eat, which eventually I did after I finished making it,. The lesson here is to prepare the food beforehand, say, the day before, not the minute of.
...And of course, there were other such similar lessons. Like showing up an hour late to another Thanksgiving party at mom's house, we thought we wouldn't miss much, but boy we sure did. We missed the family time. The eating around the table. I was pretty bummed about that. Sure there were left overs, but I don't really care too much about the left overs as much as I do about having missed out on family time. Bummer. You see, usually, mom's house and eatin' meals is notorious for starting late, but this time around, when we thought, "oh, they'll start late," they actually started on time, and we missed it! So the lesson there is to not make assumptions, but to call and find out and things such as that.

Well, but those mistakes sure did add some flavor to my day, but I definitely learned from them. And they made life a little interesting, maybe too chaotic for me.

Well guys,

I am going to sleep. Plain and simple.

Ta ta for now!

Sweet Dreams,

Love Your Fellow Chocolatier

P.S., Have you allowed room for any mistakes lately? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment