Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Dove Chocolate Challenge Day # 64 "Live for today, not just tomorrow." PROMISES Messages

Hey dollies and jelly spoons,

 Today has been completely hectic. Hec to the tic. It was CRAZY!

Basically I will post today into bullet points;

  • 2 young adults got at it at work, (they didn't fight, but there were threats and some mean verbal language)..it could've escallated, but thankful others stepped in and stopped it. Phew. *Rubs sweat off forehead*
  • Somebody was trying to stop the intense argument, the person trying to stop them got so upset because they wouldn't listen, so they banged the door open in the front office, and now there's a huge whole the size of a crater in the wall. (about 2 feet).
  • One kid ran away, didn't let anybody know where he was, the people he's staying with were so worried. He's been giving them trouble (they're being kind to this kid by taking him in and they just have some house rules for him to follow, but this kid grew up in a lack enviornment, where he was never told what to do, he could do whatever he wanted when he wanted). Well...basically, this kid's real parents abondoned him, and now that he has people that have taken him in when he was in trouble, it was either them or foster care, and they took him in, but now he's totally being disrespectful, and he's breaking all of the rules, on purpose, for the sake of hanging out with his friends..stupid. But anyway, he ran away, and claimed that he spent the night at his friend's. His friend was there to back him up.
  • Later I get a call from the parents of the buddy which he spent the night at. And the reported that their son was a runaway as well. So it turned out that the whole sleeping over my house deal didn't actually happen adn that both kids were runaways. 
  • The cops came by, and the kids ran away, then they come back, parents were involved, cops came back again. Crazy stuff. This cat and mouse chase happened for about 4 hours straight. No bueno.
ANYWAY. It was a rough day, needless to say. And I felt like the middle man in all of it, I had to deal with all of it, and everytime I thought sometime didn't seem right, even things that the cops said, I made decisions to trust my gut instincts, and I called the boss, and the boss came over and helped me handle junk.

Well anyway, I wasn't really stressed out, but I was definitely the middle guy, I tried to keep everybody calm, gossip from spreading, and tried to keep everyone's anxiety down, and you know what? I think I succeeded. It was crazy, but I'm glad I was able to talk to people calmly and I was happy that I could give them rational thinking and comfort. I was most certainly surprised with myself.

Anyway, today was definitely a live for today type of moment, especially in the fact of listening to people's stories and calming them down, it was definitely a live in the moment type of day.

So, that was pretty much the gyst of it all. And afterwards, my wonderful and handsome husband took me to a A.W. Family Restaurant, and I was able to eat some comfort food, ham and cheese grilled sandwich. Yum.

Anyway, that was my day, how was yours? :)

Well guys,

I am logging off for today,
I'm actually surprised because I'm blogging early for me. :)

Have a night full of beautiful rest!

Love your Fellow Chocolatier

P.S., I think I am falling in love with my husband all over again. You know what I mean? The kind of ooey gooey love that you first get when you meet that first love in high school type of deal. I am so crushing on him. Which is a good thing. :) When you're married, your bound to go through different phases of love, the "in love" phase, and the "oh, I love you because I need to, want to, and we're stuck with each other for the rest of our lives type of love, so let's make it work."  I'm definitely in the "in love" phase again. It's exciting.

Anyway.

Peace and Chicken grease!

No comments:

Post a Comment