Sunday, January 23, 2011

Dove Chocolate Challenge Day # 118 "Carve out a little moment for yourself." PROMISES Messages

Hey guys!

 Boy am I fighting sleepiness right now to blog! It was EXTREMELY tempting not to blog again tonight. But I really dislike procrastinating, so despite my sleepiness, I think that this is good. It's one day that I'm less behind.

Well anyway, since I started the Cafe Manager position, I've been extremely tired because unlike my other front desk job which was mentally challenging, this cafe job is more physically challenging. The first day I didn't take a break at all, my feet are so swollen and my neck and back hurt. Ouch. That's definitely a negative for this job. I need to invest in a great pair of shoes. And my hands are super dry from over-washing, since I work in a kitchen all day. But other then all of that, I like the job because I love cooking and I love getting the kids involved in the cooking process. So far we've baked some goodies every night after dinner. And I've had lots of kids volunteer to help cook and even clean! Yeah! How cool is that? LOL! It's awesome!

Well guys, I'm going to bed. And today I made sure I had at least a half an hour sitting break, that's something that I carved a little moment out for myself. While the community service chick was washing the floor and the other community service kid was doing the dishes and singing outloud in the most gorgeous voice ever (I told him he should try out for American Idol, gotta represent!! We need an Alaskan out there!), I took a nice little seat and just took the time to R E L A X...and guess what? It was exactly what I needed because then I was able to take on the rest of the day! PERFECT!

All in all, it was a pretty gosh darn good day!


We made Mini - Philly Cheese Stakes on toasted kaiser rolls, french fries, mozzarella sticks, salad, coconut cake, and peanut butter chocolate bars & vanilla pudding left overs from yesterday! It was yummy! And we also made lemonade! A couple of girls helped me out. We were rockin' it!!! :) We had a handful of kids come back for seconds. One kid said, "Can I have more? That was bomb!" LOL!!! :)

Well, I am going to bed!

-Love Your Fellow Chocolatier

P.S., Today I kicked a kid out because he was saying inappropriate things and I caught him! And I mean, it was an inappropriate joke, but a life - threatening one! He kept repeating it to one of the girls, I tracked him down, told him to call his parents, told the front desk to keep any eye on him and for him not to slip out until his parents got there so I could talk with them, and then I talked with him heart to heart. He's mostly a good kid, and I let him know that he is, but I also let him know that what he did was intolerable and if it was any other kid, I would have done the same exact thing to that kid too. He understood, he apologized, and he even apologized to the girl that he was threatening!

Well...after three years of working at Joel's Place...that was definitely a first for me! Kicking a kid out! Hopefully it won't happen too often! I love all of them, and I hope they know that!

No comments:

Post a Comment