Friday, December 31, 2010

Dove Chocolate Challenge Day # 103 "Be a friend today." PROMISES Message

Hey guys!

 Today has been a pretty interesting day.

We went grocery shopping after work today and I just had absolutely no appetite for any of the foods that I love and regularly eat. That's just plain weird! Seriously! NOTHING looked good to me AT ALL! Infact, I even bypassed my favorite beverage! The Odwalla Supernutrient drink! Wow! That says something cause I love that stuff! What's wrong with me?!? I have no clue!

Well anyway...I think it probably has to do something with my new exercising routine. I've been exercising regularly for the past 5 days on my newly bought mini trampoline. Maybe my appetite is curbed or something? I don't know. Well anyway...today has been a pretty...you know, chill day, I guess. Everything kinds just feels different. I was thinking, maybe I'm just completely satisfied with life and I'm getting an "I don't care" type of feeling...or...maybe it's even the exact opposite, maybe I'm completely dissatisfied with life and I'm getting the "something's missing / I don't care" feeling. I have no clue. But both things can produce the same result. You know? It's just kind of a weird place to be. I feel kind of complacent. Is that weird? Have you ever gone through that? Haha! I was just thinking that it almost feels like a midlife crisis. Except...that's it not.

Well...I've just been kinda shluming around day to day, doing the same old thing, get up in the morning, exercise, go to work, come home, blog, go to sleep. Maybe I feel this way (restless) because I'm on Christmas break and I have more time on my hands than I have for awhile. Yeah, I venture to say that that's probably it. It feels good to have more time on my hands, but it's just so...unnatural. Especially because I just came from a super vigorous schedule from work, school, the play, choir rehersal, and all of the other little tid bits of life. Well...since winter break started, I've pretty much cleaned the entire house, (it's the cleanest it's ever been in two whole years! Yah! That is definitely an accomplishment! One that I'm most certainly proud of!), and I've started taking Spanish lessons with http://www.livemocha.com/ (it's a cheap version of Rosetta Stone). And I guess other changes have happened here and there. And I guess I'm just getting back into the swing of things. Just came home from a four day trip visiting family for Christmas. That was a blast.

Well anyway...back to today's quote. Be a friend today. Today has been pretty interesting. It seems as though I've made friends with some of the regular kids the come to Joel's Place. By regular I mean the ones that come ALL the time. Today was different, we joked around a lot, talked about school, life and other stuff, I listened, and I we all just had a good laugh. I felt more like a friend to the kids instead of an employee. It was pretty cool. I look forward to getting to know them more. It's pretty cool working at a youth center. And I guess right now I just want to be more available to the youth that come. I don't just want to "work" there, I want to notice the youth and let them know that I'm there if they need me to be.

Well guys,

I'm going to go. It's 2:32 AM and I've spent the last hour cleaning out my computer and deleting stuff, hopefully I gained more memory on my computer because now it's running a whole lot faster, which I'm pretty happy about. I had to go through that process because the computer was so slow it wouldn't allow me to blog. It took me 2 minutes for any click of the mouse to work. It sucked. So yeah, I'm here now. Blogging freely without any hiccups from my good ol' compy pal.

AND now, I am going to get off this computer and play Skip Bo with my pizza pocket eating husband. Who eats pizza pockets at 2 AM? My husband. He's a college kid and his metabolism runs 500 gazillion miles per hour.

Well...I am going to go be a friend cause right about now I need one. :)

Love ya'lls!

G'night!

-Love Your Fellow Chocolatier

P.S., Have you ever played Skip Bo? It's a blast of a card game! You should try it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment