Friday, December 10, 2010

Dove Chocolate Challenge Day # 89 "Always remember you are beautiful." Alicia / Brandon, MS

"Always remember you are beautiful."

That's a funny quote, well not funny, but just very practical for today because I didn't really feel very beautiful at all. In fact, I just got done picking at my face. I really don't like when I do that. It's weird. Anyway..today we took staff Christmas Photos, and we were supposed to take the photos on Monday, so I got all dressed up and spiffed up for Monday, and then we canceled. So then we were planning to take the photos on Tuesday, I got all dressed up for Tuesday, and guess what? You betcha..cancelled. So THEN it's been decided that we would take our photos NEXT Thursday...but today, I got a phone call around 4:30 from a fellow staff member and she asked if I could come in to take Christmas photos. So we took the photos today. I was not in the Christmas Spirit, I was not really dressed up, but I did look like the normal me, which I like (cause I like me, I mean, I have to live with me for the rest of my life, right?)   :) And on top of all that, I was cold and have had an ear splitting headache all day. Which right about now is around 10x worse. I am ready for bed. But I've been feeling a bit insecure lately, maybe that's because I'm getting sick and I'm feeling weird? Or maybe it's other reasons? I dunno. But it's just good to remember that beauty truly does come from the inside, because if you have a pretty face but an ugly attitude/personality, then you're not really beautiful at all. Ya know what I mean?

Well, I just need to remind myself sometimes that I am beautiful inside and out in my own way. I'm by no means a top model or anything, but I am a living, breathing, human being that is full of wishes, dreams, desires and life. And that is beautiful in and of itself. I am beautiful. (And you my dear reader, are quite beautiful too, you are uniquely you).

Alrighty, see ya later gators! :)

-Love Your Fellow Chocolatier

P.S., I bought some glitter from Michaels and have been working on a pretty fun painting for a good portion of the day. I'll post up some pics on here when I'm done! Yeah! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment