Thursday, December 9, 2010

Dove Chocolate Challenge Day # 88 "Believe in yourself!" Susan / Macon, GA

Guess what? :)

Today I auditioned for the play called "Smokey Joe's Cafe." Granted there were only four of us auditioning, and that I was the youngest, It still went pretty well. Well...maybe I did feel a little bit foolish because I couldn't impersinate both Lady Gaga or Tayler Smith. LOL. The director asked us to sing normally, and then for the second round she gave us people to imitate. At first she gave me Lady Gaga, and I thought, uh...how would I begin to do this? LOL. Then the other guys auditioning looked at me and said, "no, Lady Gaga just doesn't seem to fit her." LOL! Boy, am I glad someone thought so besides me. LOL. And I don't think I did Tayler much justice. I think I failed. LOL. Well, anyway. All is well, I did my best. You know when you try out for something and you practice it one way, and with confidence, but when it comes down to actually performing your part, everything you've held on to kinda slip right from under you? Well, I that happened to me quite a lot. I even forgot the lyrics to the songs I was singing (good thing I had a hard copy of them right in front of me) and I'm also not the most coordinated person in the world. Well, mind you, I am coordinated, but it takes me forever to learn a dance routine. I'm just not that sharp when it comes to memorizing dances. It's true. So, although I felt like a complete fool during my audition, I think I did quite alright. And the director asked me to come back for the final audition on Saturday. So we shall see what goes down. You think I have a chance? Possibly..probably a small one. But a chance nonetheless! :) I believe in myself. And whether I get it or not, great, because if I do, I get to have more experience in acting and if I don't, then I will look forward to a break in my hectic little life. :)

Oh, and today, before the audition, I had an hour to kill, so I stopped by Chartruese (a super cute clothing shop here in town), and I talked to the owner about maybe doing a consignment for art work sometime in the future for a First Friday event, and she said we had an opening for January 7th and that she needed someone! So she pencilied me in. We're on! Yeah! :) I'm pretty excited to have the opportunity to sell my artwork. I painted this galaxy looking abstract painting, I'll post a picture of it on here when it dries. :) I like to use glitter and jewelry in my painting. It just makes it more fun.

Well guys, I have one month to create a plethora of paintings! Think I can do it? I dunno, but I think I have faith in myself, I believe I can do this! I am so challenging myself on this. I'll post up future paintings up here so you can be the judge of them. Give me a heads up or two on whether I should enter it into the First Friday gallery or not.

Well guys,

Off I go.

I've been craving sleep ALL DAY. And I have a not so fun headache.

K.K!!!

-Love Your Fellow Chocolatier :)

P.S., Do you believe in yourself? I challenge you to believe in your dreams! Whether they are big or small!!! Dreams are dreams no matter the size!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment