Thursday, October 14, 2010

Dove Chocolate Challenge Day # 44 "Shoe shopping is therapy." Nyesha / Charlotte, NC

(picture will be downloaded soon).

Shoe shopping! Well... :) When I read today's quote all I thought was how the heck am I going to do this? You see...I'm not a shoe shopper. Sorry to dissapoint you. :) You might also like to note that I live in Alaska, so shoe shopping is out of the question most of the time. :)

BUT...I am a jackets, pants, t-shirts, hats, scarfs and earrings type of shopper. :) I know, HA! That's a bit more than just the single "shoe shopper" title. lol! :)

But mind you, I only shop for those things sparingly, but yes, as a girl, I do get a rush from shopping (which is euphoric and yet very dangerous feeling all at the same time...it all depends on where you allow it to take you). Most of the time I don't have $$ so it's all right. ;) lol! I think it's an easy forumal for debt. But yeah, shopping does give people a rush, it's a sort of power I suppose. You want something, and then you are able to get it, you purchase it, and it is forever yours. Shopping gives a feeling of ownership, control, and it fulfills desires. Now this may be tricky...(the filling your desires part..I'm a firm believer in that the eyes never satisfy the soul, monkey see, monkey do (or in this case, monkey see, monkey want). So on this aspect, yes, shopping is extremely dangerous. Otherwise, when you have money and you have the opportunity to buy something that you really like, your euphoric hormones (aka endorphins) kick in and your mood gets elevated, (same thing happens when we eat chocolate and when we exercise). :) Two very good things for your health I might add. ;) So yes, I believe that shopping is therautic, it is a sort of therapy, as long as it doesn't become hypnotic. :)

Well guys,

Off to tra-la-la-la land I go!

I feel like I can't even thing right now, my brain is crammed and it yearns for rest. So sleep is calling my name. :)


Good night dear ones!

-P.S., What is your therapy? What do you like to do that soothes you or gives you a sense of elevation? It may even be shoe shopping! Please do let me know, feel free to comment below. :)

-P.P.S., Of course, I think the best therapy is friendship. :) That's the highest one of all, atleast I would like to think so. :)

Oh, and hahaha! Speaking of therapy, this blog happens to be very theraputic for me! :) I find myself being able to communicate more clearly and much more easily. I feel like I am expressing myself and my thoughts better than I ever have before (I've always had trouble expressing myself through speech), but this seems to slow things down for me and really realize my thought process, my desires, my dreams, and my frustrations. This little blog of mine is real true therapy for me. :)

Express Yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment