Friday, October 22, 2010

Dove Chocolate Challenge Day # 52 "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step." PROMISES Messages

Hey guys!

 This quote rings true for me today.

I was a bit dissapointed today and I was chatting with Brian about how I just feel like everything is at a stand still, like I'm not getting anywhere. It's like everything I touch comes to a hault. I was so discouraged about a youth event I'm planning, about pursuing my acting career, and about a t.v. show that a couple of us are planning for...that I just kinda saw no future for anything...It's frustrating when that happens. Ever get that feeling like life is going nowhere fast? lol. Maybe I'm just being dramatic. (I also think that the cold weather up here is making life a little more slower and peaceful..afterall I live in Alaska, and you know, I really should be enjoying this stand still moment cause I get tierd fast when things move much too quick...so I guess this is a nice break). Like my friend Heather said today, even in the times when we aren't working (meaning on the show), the resting period is still valuable because even then we are still learning.

But anyway, after talking with Brian, and after him listening to all of my complaints, hopes, dreams and wishes, he picked up my Dove Chocolate wrapper (which I ate earlier today and didn't remember what it was, and he smiled and just said, "I like this one," because today's quote happens to be the perfect encouragement for me. Even though things look like they're going nowhere fast, the journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.

And so, there ya have it, a little piece of encouragement printed on a silver wrapper, encasing a delicious little chocolate surprise called a Dove Promise.

Thanks Dove!

Well guys,

I am peacin' out.

Hope you've had a great day, and be encouraged! Keep your head high! And aim for your dreams!

And my favorite 3rd grade quote is "reach for the moon, but even if you miss, you'll land upon the stars."

Good night guys and dolls! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment