Thursday, October 21, 2010

Dove Chocolate Challenge Day # 51 "Push yourself to do one thing a week outside your comfort zone." PROMISES Messages

Hey ya'll!

 I can't believe it's already been 50 whole days since I started this blog! That's amazing!

I ran out of Dove Chocolates yesterday, so when I went to the store today, I was looking for some and I was kinda bummed because I thought that I had tried all of them already, but then to my surprise I found the peanut butter filled Dove Chocolates, and they are amazing! (Plus, every bag has a different set of quotes, so I have noticed).

Well, today was a pretty good day. I've just spent the last hour looking up casting calls for Russian actors (since I'm Russian), and I've kinda been putting off blogging for awhile today, but I just need to go ahead an jot everything down. It's actually hard for me to start blogging, but once I start, it's a breeze.

I am up wayyyy past my bedtime. So this should be fairly short.

But I think one think that I can truly do that is out of my comfort zone every week is approach people about the causes that are important to me and make them aware of them. These are the things that fire me up; 1). Suicide 2). Youth Homelessness 3). Human Trafficking 4). Mixed messages in the media, sex, unhealthy images for girls to live up to, and so on and so on. These things make me mad and sad, and since I work at a youth center, even though I'm just the front desk admin, I can still make my voice be heard through conversation with the youth. Some of them aren't even aware of some things such as human trafficking, and some of them are all to familiar with things such as the unhealthy things they see in the media. And I know that I can go out of my way and make time each week to really truly and honestly see how the youth are doing. I don't just need to work there, but I need to actually be available to them if they have any questions, needs, concerns, or if they just want to talk about their day. I want to be there for them.

Punching the clock is one thing, but being there for young people that are having a tough time is another.

Well guys,

That's that.

Basically, I want to make it a point to truly go out of my way even if I am busy during work, to pause and engage in a conversation with the young people that we serve, so that they will know that they are cared for and loved, and that they are important. I want them to know that there are people that care about them and that there are people that want to know how their day went.

I guess the message really isn't about the causes that I'm fond of or what not, but it's about being there for others. That's what I want to do that I don't see myself doing much of right now, I really want to clear our my schedule, even as busy as it is, and I want to be there for others. I guess that is my outside your comfort zone thing.

Well guys,

Off to bed I go

Nighty night

-Your Fellow Chocolatier

P.S., what's one thing you can do to get out of your comfort zone once a week?

No comments:

Post a Comment